Terms & Conditions
- Use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first use of the Britain’s Best Allotment website, a campaign competition created and sponsored by HIPPO. HIPPO reserves the right to add to or change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing the website. Your continued use of this website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
- Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of HIPPO. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this website or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this website by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this website.
- The information contained on this website does not, and will not, form any part of a contract or offer for sale. Furthermore it does not constitute an offer capable of acceptance and no binding commitment may be entered into on the basis of the information contained on this website.
- HIPPO provides the material published on the Britain’s Best Allotment website on the basis that it disclaims all warranties in respect of such material, whether express or implied. Neither HIPPO nor the original providers of the material accept any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss of business, revenues or profits or special damages arising from the publication of the material on the Britain’s Best Allotment website. The names, images and logos identifying HIPPO or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of HIPPO and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of HIPPO, or any other third party.
- HIPPO endeavours to ensure that all information and material on the website is correct and accurate but does not accept any liability for errors or omissions; neither does HIPPO warrant that use of this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials.
- HIPPO is not responsible for the content of any material you encounter after leaving our website via a link in it or otherwise and HIPPO excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise in respect of such material.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, use of this website must be terminated immediately.
- The competition to find Britain’s Best Allotment (the “Competition”) is subject to a set of rules including, without limitation, eligibility, age restrictions, methods of entry, and prizes (“Competition Rules”). The Competition Rules are on the entry page and separate to the Terms & Conditions. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition Rules will be binding upon you when you enter or otherwise participate in the Competition. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and any Competition Rules, the Competition Rules will govern, but only to the extent of that inconsistency. Entry and/or participation in a Competition will be deemed acceptance by you of the Terms and Competition Rules. HIPPO reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or any Competition Rules at any time.
- Entry to Competitions: Specific requirements for entry into a Competition will be set out in the Competition Rules.
- Personal Information: You may be required to provide certain personal information to HIPPO to enter a Competition, such as your name, email address, or telephone number. Personal information shall be held and used by HIPPO and/or its agents for the purpose of conducting the Competition, or as otherwise described in these Terms or in the Competition Rules.
- Eligibility: Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Rules, The Competition is open to any allotment holder of an allotment situated in Great Britain.
- Submission of User-Generated Content: Any photography, artwork, creative writing or any other evidence you create and provide to us in order to support your entry to The Competition (the “Supporting Materials”) are subject to the following:
- You represent and warrant that (i) your Supporting Materials are all your own original work and that you have obtained all the required rights, consents, permissions and clearances necessary to grant the license set forth in Section 5.2 below; (ii) no content, materials or information used in your Submission infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (iii) you have not entered into any agreements with third parties that could impair HIPPO’s right to use your Submission; (iv) any persons whose image is used in your submission has given their consent for such use and has waived any rights they may have in that image as incorporated into your Submission; and (v) you will provide to HIPPO, at HIPPO’s request, written confirmation that you have obtained all required rights, consents, permissions and clearances referenced in this sub-section.
- By submitting your Supporting Materials to The Competition and thereby to HIPPO, you hereby grant to HIPPO a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free license to (i) use, copy and store for backup and archival purposes, transmit, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, reformat, transcode, and otherwise create derivative works of, publicly perform, record, re-record, synchronize with visual images and motion pictures, your Submission in any manner, in whole or in part, to incorporate your Submission into other works, and to otherwise exploit your Submission in any format or medium now known or later developed (collectively, the “Uses”), and (ii) use your name, city and state of residence, or other personal information supplied by you (“Personal Information”) to identify your Submission in the Uses, without any obligation of attribution or compensation to you. HIPPO shall not be obligated to use any Submission.
- Winner Selection: Winner(s) will be selected at a time and in a manner as set forth in the Competition Rules. Winner(s) may be required to sign, a Publicity Release Form (together, a “Release”) within five (5) business days of receipt. If the winner is a minor, the Release must be signed by the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Failure to timely return the Release or refusal to sign the release will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a prize notification is returned or deemed undeliverable, a prize is refused, or the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected as set forth in the Competition Rules.
- Cancellation: If for any reason a Competition (i) cannot be executed as planned, or (ii) infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other cause which in HIPPO’s opinion corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of a Competition, then HIPPO reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend such Competition. In the event of any cancellation, termination modification or suspension of a Competition, HIPPO will post a notice at the site on which the Competition is announced.
Cookies and Information Usage
- Persistent cookies: Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted manually or automatically.
- Session cookies: Session cookies remain on your device until you close your browser when they are automatically deleted.
Types of Information we may track include:
IP addresses: When you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. This is used to analyse how you interact with our website in order to help us improve our website.
Cookies: Cookies take minimal pieces of information from your browser about which areas of the website you access. We use this information purely to improve the layout, information and customer experience of the website based on this data. Our live chat service, which runs through a service called O lark, requires cookies to see that you are currently on our website and on which page, which allows us to provide you with a better standard of live customer service.
All rights, including copyright and database right, on the Britain’s Best Allotment website and its contents, are owned by HIPPO, or otherwise used by HIPPO as permitted by applicable law. In accessing the Britain’s Best Allotment website, you agree that you will access the contents solely for your own private use and not for any commercial or public use. You are not permitted to copy, download, store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, adapt or change in any way the content of these web pages without the prior written consent of HIPPO or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.